Blyth's Reed Warbler, Shetland!

Whilst on Shetland I decided to pop over to the most Northerly Isle in Britain Unst. Primarily to try and get the Pechora Pipit however despite 8 of us searching for a few hours we could not locate it in the vast area of fields at Haroldswick. In hindsight I should have gone over on the day I arrived but I just couldn't handle it after a long drive and boat up.
Anyway all was not lost as we headed onto Skaw where we had great views of a Blyth's Reed Warbler. A tick for me and one I had hoped I would see well and not just skulking on the mainland. We searched a few areas of this great island but only got rewarded with a single Yellow Browed Warbler at Halligarth and a few Brambling.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hampshire to Dorset to Hampshire. EOW!!

3rd time lucky for Bluethroat!

Brown Booby!!! Once, twice, three times.........