Aurora Borealis!

Aurora Borealis aka Northern Lights has always been high on my wish list to see and when I went to Shetland this was hopefully a chance to finally see them.
After a lot of driving around and checking of the Sumburgh Head webcam I was starting to get really frustrated as to why I couldn't see it. Looking to the north you could see a greyish type wash to the sky but surely that wasn't it? Well it turns out it was!
Underwhelmed would have been an understatement I really did think you would see it how it is in pictures but it wasn't the case. Over the next hour or so I tried to get some pics and eventually got the right settings to reveal some colour. Amazing really how this occurs even if somewhat uninspiring!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hampshire to Dorset to Hampshire. EOW!!

3rd time lucky for Bluethroat!

Brown Booby!!! Once, twice, three times.........