Booted Warbler, Shetland.

Another day and another decent Warbler. We were taking another look at the Pallas's Warbler when news broke of a Booted Warbler type at Sumburgh Hotel. Once we got round to the hotel no one was quite sure where the bird was or had gone but soon after it was relocated down the road feeding along a beach and in a garden. 

Luckily a few record shots had been taken confirming it was indeed a Booted and not what I had hoped for Syke's Warbler. The bird was very elusive in strong winds and views were very brief and not at all ideal. I had seen 2 Booted Warblers before this bird but all have been elusive and this bird was seemingly no different. 

A few days passed and the weather had got increasingly better with very calm conditions and blue skies. We decided to re pay it a visit and it didn't disappoint. Walking the outskirts of the garden I flushed it up un-intentionally (along with a Woodcock) out of the grass where it perched up nicely on a fence just metres away from me. We continued to watch it for an hour or so and it was amazing how different it showed without any wind. By far my best views of this species and I'm not sure I'll ever get better. 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hampshire to Dorset to Hampshire. EOW!!

3rd time lucky for Bluethroat!

Brown Booby!!! Once, twice, three times.........