3rd time lucky for Bluethroat!

As with the Brown Booby I finally scored with a Hampshire Bluethroat that had been found at Hook-with-warsash. Bluethroat has been a long awaited county tick for me with most of them proving to be very frustrating one day birds or no news until they had gone. Orginally found on the Sunday I tried in the morning and also went back in the evening but managed to miss it on both occasions. 

I thought it would almost certainly go but nope Ian Wells had seen it Monday morning so after work I shot straight down there as it's only 15 mins away and thankfully after a little wait it showed for a minute or so in a bush presumably just before going to roost. It's a smart looking bird for sure but no very showy being very elusive throughout the day. My 304th Hampshire tick!



 Male Bluethroat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hampshire to Dorset to Hampshire. EOW!!

Brown Booby!!! Once, twice, three times.........